This job is no longer available
PRODUCTION ENGINEER (ASSEMBLY DEPARTMENT)
Triumph Motorcycles Ltd is a Leicestershire based Motorcycle manufacturer, designing and manufacturing over 40,000 motorcycles per year, along with a comprehensive range of clothing and accessories. Triumph employs over 1,400 people world wide with over 700 employees in the UK.
Our very busy Assembly department is currently seeking a Production Engineer. The purpose of the role is to provide production engineering support for Triumph’s assembly department in the UK.
Workload will include the development/introduction of new models in conjunction with the design teams and support with current models, including an automated production line and associated equipment.
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Input into design of new models and establishing the manufacturing requirements.
- Advising design for manufacture.
- Design, sourcing, purchasing, commissioning and ongoing support of tooling, fixtures and any required equipment.
- All aspects of introducing new models for manufacture including training, processes, equipment and efficiency.
- Current support for existing models.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- At least 2 years’ experience in related work.
- Engineering education (Degree level).
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Computer literate.
- Experience of using CAD an advantage
The ideal candidate will have good communication and team working skills as the role will involve frequent contact with employees from other departments.
Hours of work: 8am – 5pm Monday to Thursday and 7am – 12pm Friday.
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, an excellent pension scheme, discounted health insurance, subsidised canteen and bike purchase scheme.
If you have the drive and determination to succeed in a challenging and highly motivated environment please apply by visiting our website www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk go to the careers section.
Please note: Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the UK on a permanent basis.
No agencies please.