This job is no longer available
Experienced Marine Electrical leader? Looking for a new challenge?
We are looking for Principal Marine Electrical Systems Design Engineers to work for us on a permanent or contract basis in Bath. We will provide relocation assistance with help to find suitable temporary and permanent accommodation together with financial help of up to £5,000.
BMT Defence Services is the leading independent centre of engineering design, design support and technical services for defence customers. From concept design to acquisition support, in-service design and technology management, we are known for our innovation, expertise and ability to tackle the most complex design and systems issues. Our strong track record in naval platform design for surface warships, submarines and auxiliaries together with extensive acquisition support experience within land domain projects is thanks to our people.
If you have experience in all or some of the following areas then we would like to hear from you.
• HND/HNC and/or a degree in Electrical or Marine Engineering
• Experience of successfully leading and managing design teams
• 440, 230, 115 and 24 V electrical systems experience essential
• High Voltage experience
• Electrical system design capabilities
• Ability to produce electrical distribution schematics, ship and technical specifications
• Understanding of the issues pertaining to the integration of electrical systems and equipment within ships or marine platforms
• Experience of dealing with equipment suppliers and manufacturers
• Knowledge of LR Rules & Regulations for the Classification of Naval Ships, and/or Rules & Regulations for the Classification of Ships
• Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status with a recognised professional body
• Ship-yard design experience desirable
In return, we offer an excellent remuneration package with a competitive salary. We also offer a Company profit share and a Group wide profit share, subsidised gym/sports membership, 25 days holiday and pension scheme offering up to 10% of salary employer contribution and much more including private medical after qualifying service!
For an informal discussion prior to applying please contact Victoria Johnson on +44(0) 1225 473 601.