This job is no longer available
Penny Hydraulics Ltd has been manufacturing lifting solutions for over 30 years. We design, manufacture, install and service a wide range of lifting solutions including custom design and custom built lifting equipment for a wide range of different applications.
We are currently expanding our nuclear side of the business and are looking for a new Project Design Engineer to join our in-house design team. We are a successful supplier to many of the large UK nuclear clients, and operate at various levels in the supply chain. Most projects however are at Tier 2 level, supplying directly to end-users such as Sellafield Ltd or Magnox Ltd.
As a member of our team, you will be immediately working on large decommissioning projects across the country and will get the chance to realise your design solutions in what are very exciting times for the industry.
A brief overview of what we are looking for in candidates is as follows:
- Mechanical/Design Engineering degree to BEng 2:1 as a minimum (ideally MEng).
- Achieved or aspiring to achieve CEng status.
- Advanced working knowledge of CAD package – ideally Autodesk Inventor 2012.
- Fully competent and self-sufficient in various mechanical design calculations.
- Experience in formal presentation of design calculations, ideally using MathCAD software.
- Good understanding of hydraulic components and systems.
- Good understanding of design of electrical control circuits.
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Office package (especially Outlook, Word and Excel, possibly Project).
- Good verbal and visual communication skills.
- Prepared to be flexible on working hours to meet deadlines.
- Prepared to work on site/travel if necessary.
- Full, clean UK driving licence required.
- Ideally would have experience in or understanding of nuclear industry, though not essential.
- Industrial experience essential.