This job is no longer available
Business Development Manager
This role will manage, support, and supervise the business development activities and opportunities for this critical region that covers UK, Italy, Ireland and Denmark.
Be the face of our business. Develop and build new business opportunities for services including energy services, development services, AMOS, independent engineering, electrical engineering, inspections and the WindHelm and WindFarmer software products.
This will include overseeing development and implementation of a BD process. It will require the successful candidate to work with Marketing, Country Managers, and Department Heads in setting and achieving sales objectives.
An excellent and new opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join our UKIIS region (UK, Ireland, Italy and Scandinavia) developing and building new business opportunities for a wide and interesting range of services including; energy and development services, asset management and optimisation, independent engineering, electrical engineering, inspections and our award winning software products.
You will manage, support, and supervise the business development activities as well as for the acquisition of new opportunities and proposals. This is a great opportunity for someone to oversee development and implementation of the BD process across the region. Building relationships with our marketing team, Country Managers and Department Heads to move the business forward at all times.
Working closely with our Glasgow and Bristol team as well as building solid networks internationally. Reporting into a global BDM function with functional reporting and communications therein.
You will work with an interesting and vast variety of product lines and services built on technical expertise. With associated 'do'er-sell'er' BD model, as the market matures, the BDM will play a leading role in driving our client focus and service levels.
Desired Skills & Experience
Technical / Professional Expertise:
- A degree qualification in an appropriate subject
- Held a similar business development/sales role in an engineering consultancy or technical service based organisation
- Experience of the renewable sector
- Ability to understand technical reports and engineering principles
- Experience in a client facing environment
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues and clients
- Clarify goals and reach agreement, while maintaining the interests of all parties
- Proactively input to the development and improvement of products and services
- Ability to discuss strategic and sensitive issues
- Ability to understands clients' needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication and skills
GL Garrad Hassan is the world's largest independent technical and engineering consultancy for renewable energy. We are the recognised global authority on onshore and offshore wind power and also serve the wave, tidal and solar sectors.
Do you have the drive to shape the future of GL Garrad Hassan? For the successful applicant awaits the opportunity to be involved in this growing and dynamic industry, working alongside technical experts and leaders in their fields.
The preferred office location is Glasgow however another office within the region may be considered.