This job is no longer available
Senior Mechanical Design Engineers
JCB is a family owned global British success story with 22 plants on four continents and a long history of innovation recognised by 27 Queen’s awards. Working at our state of the art off-highway machine research and development centres in the idyllic Staffordshire / Derbyshire countryside, JCB engineers continually challenge the ‘status quo’ and are at the heart of all our business achievements.
As an ambitious and fast growing business we are seeking experienced Mechanical Design Engineers who are looking to move their careers onto another level. Successful candidates will join an organisation where there is opportunity to become immersed in engineering innovation, work with some of the finest engineers in our industry and personally contribute to our future success.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, typically responsibilities include;
- Machine concepts development and design studies
- Detailed machine and sub assembly design, BOM compilation and drawing release
- Prototype build and machine launch support
- Ownership and delivery of design projects
- Liaison with internal and external customers on project briefs and design activity
Ideal candidates will be:
- Educated to Degree/HND level in mechanical engineering or have equivalent experience.
- Have demonstrable design / product development experience
- Able to demonstrate enthusiasm and influence change
- Have a good knowledge of CAD & associated supporting software
Whilst knowledge of excavators, earthmovers, military, commercial or agricultural off road vehicles and their applications would be desirable, we are happy to consider all candidates with relevant experience from other sectors.
- Excellent remuneration, benefits and relocation support packages
- Support for continuous career development
- Opportunities to progress your career in the UK and overseas
- Discounted health and dental care schemes
- JCB fitness centre and sports facilities
- Excellent and easy access to regional transport links
- Company lift share programme
If you feel you would enjoy working in a vibrant work environment, email your CV with covering statement, indicating current remuneration package via the apply button.